Sydney Metro Project
2021 – 2023
The Sydney Metro Project is Australia’s largest transport project which aims to revolutionise transportation by equipping driverless trains across the Sydney rail network.
Once completed, The Sydney Metro will include 46 stations expanding to 113km of rail metro. Stations will be made safe with platform screen doors and accessibility for prams, children and people with disabilities.
Canterbury Station is one of 11 stations on the Sydenham to Bankstown line that will be converted to a metro standard. Certus Projects were engaged by Haslin to deliver station and precinct upgrades to improve amenities and accessibility for Sydney Metro customers.
Key Features of Projects Include:
- Upgrades to station concourse and lighting
- Upgrades to station entrance and renewed paving installation
- Improvements to interchanges including bus shelter, bike racks, accessible parking and kiss and ride.
- Upgraded security fencing to the rail corridor
- Successful preservation of heritage listed building on the concourse of Canterbury station.
- High level of quality and safety to ensure public safety throughout construction.